Seal Arrest Record Non-Conviction Data

Seal Arrest Record Non-Conviction Data

Criminal History Record Information and Non-Conviction Data

Having a criminal conviction on your record can negatively impact your life in a variety of different ways, such as: limiting your employment opportunities;restricting your available housing options; and difficulty in obtaining professional licensing. Even if you were not convicted, non-conviction data would still exist if you have ever been detained, arrested, indicted, questioned, formally charged, or the like.Non-conviction data, also known as criminal history record information, is submitted to the Washington State Patrol by local police agencies to be maintained in a statewide repository.

Although the criminal justice system presumes that you are innocent until proven guilty, often the act of merely being arrested or charged with a crime carries a stigma and an inference of guilt in the eyes of much of society, including prospective employers. As a result,it is extremely important to take care of your non-conviction data so that you can overcome your past and minimize the potential risk of harm.

Fortunately, you may be eligible to have those records sealed or deleted! The Attorneys at RestoreMyRecord devote a substantial portion of our practice to post-conviction relief and otherwise clearing your record.


You may only request that your court record be modified, sealed, or destroyed from the court where your record is filed.
Sealing your juvenile record removes references to your arrest and disposition that are maintained by the Washington State Patrol. Information that identifies a person is not subject to sealing or destruction.
Under RCW 10.97.060, you are able to request that a law enforcement agency delete your non-conviction data if:
  1. The file contains only non-conviction data;
  2. You were not granted deferred prosecution or diversion in lieu of conviction;
  3. You have not been convicted of a felony or gross misdemeanor
  4. You have not been arrested or changed since disposition
  5. It has been either:
  • At least two years since disposition in your favor; or
  • At least three years since arrest, issuance of citation, or warrant